We usually think of lies as uttering words of untruth with the intent to deceive or mislead.
/wi ˈjuʒuəli θɪŋk ʌv laɪz æz ˈʌtərɪŋ wɜrdz ʌv ʌnˈtruθ wɪð ði ɪnˈtɛnt tu dɪˈsiv ɔr mɪsˈlid/
我们通常认为谎言是为了欺骗或误导而说出不真实的话。
And that is one type of lying.
/ænd ðæt ɪz wʌn taɪp ʌv ˈlaɪɪŋ/
这是一种谎言。
It's called lying by commission.
/ɪts kɔld ˈlaɪɪŋ baɪ kəˈmɪʃən/
这叫做主动说谎。
Then we have lying by omission which is when we purposefully withhold relevant information.
/ðɛn wi hæv ˈlaɪɪŋ baɪ oʊˈmɪʃən wɪtʃ ɪz wɛn wi ˈpɜrpəsfəli wɪθˈhoʊld ˈrɛləvənt ˌɪnfərˈmeɪʃən/
然后,我们又会因遗漏而撒谎,即我们故意隐瞒相关信息。
And so the person is still left being misled.
/ænd soʊ ðə ˈpɜrsən ɪz stɪl lɛft ˈbiɪŋ mɪsˈlɛd/
但对方仍然被误导。
And then we have implied lies.
/ænd ðɛn wi hæv ɪmˈplaɪd laɪz/
然后我们就有了暗示性的谎言。
Things like not correcting someone when they make an incorrect assumption.
/θɪŋz laɪk nɑt kəˈrɛktɪŋ ˈsʌmˌwʌn wɛn ðeɪ meɪk ən ˌɪnkəˈrɛkt əˈsʌmpʃən/
例如,当某人做出错误的假设时不去纠正他们。
So in my case, I never said, "I'm attracted to you."
/soʊ ɪn maɪ keɪs, aɪ ˈnɛvər sɛd, "aɪm əˈtræktɪd tu ju"/
所以就我而言,我从来没有说过"我被你吸引了"。
I also never said, "I'm not attracted to you."
/aɪ ˈɔlsoʊ ˈnɛvər sɛd, "aɪm nɑt əˈtræktɪd tu ju"/
我也从来没有说过"我对你没有兴趣"。
And when he said it to me, I simply nodded.
/ænd wɛn hi sɛd ɪt tu mi, aɪ ˈsɪmpli ˈnɑdɪd/
当他告诉我这件事时,我只是点了点头。
So let's evaluate the scenario using three different philosophical frameworks.
/soʊ lɛts ɪˈvæljueɪt ðə sɪˈnɛrioʊ ˈjuzɪŋ θri ˈdɪfərənt ˌfɪləˈsɑfɪkəl ˈfreɪmwɜrks/
因此,让我们使用三种不同的哲学框架来评估这种情况。
Each framework provides a unique perspective on what constitutes deception.
/itʃ ˈfreɪmwɜrk prəˈvaɪdz ə juˈnik pərˈspɛktɪv ɑn wʌt ˈkɑnstəˌtuts dɪˈsɛpʃən/
每个框架都对什么构成欺骗提供了独特的视角。