Okay, I'm sorry guys.
/oʊˈkeɪ aɪ æm ˈsɑri gaɪz/
好吧,我很抱歉,各位
I had to run because I could smell my ginger tea burning.
/aɪ hæd tu rʌn bɪˈkɔz aɪ kʊd smɛl maɪ ˈdʒɪndʒər ti ˈbɜrnɪŋ/
我不得不跑,因为我闻到了姜茶烧焦的味道
So, I had to make a new batch.
/soʊ aɪ hæd tu meɪk ə nu bætʃ/
所以,我不得不做一批新的
I've been drinking more tea because I bought some collagen that I put in like hot beverages.
/aɪv bɪn ˈdrɪŋkɪŋ mɔr ti bɪˈkɔz aɪ bɔt sʌm ˈkɑlədʒən ðæt aɪ pʊt ɪn laɪk hɑt ˈbɛvərɪdʒɪz/
我喝茶的时间越来越多了,因为我买了一些胶原蛋白,可以把它放进热饮里
I don't like it in my coffee.
/aɪ doʊnt laɪk ɪt ɪn maɪ ˈkɔfi/
我不喜欢在咖啡里加它
So that's why I've been making tea.
/soʊ ðæts waɪ aɪv bɪn ˈmeɪkɪŋ ti/
这就是我一直泡茶的原因
Anyways, this book follows this woman in her mid20s.
/ˈɛniˌweɪz ðɪs bʊk ˈfɑloʊz ðɪs ˈwʊmən ɪn hər mɪd twɛntiz/
无论如何,这本书讲述了这位二十多岁的女人的故事
She's living in the upper east side of Manhattan.
/ʃiz ˈlɪvɪŋ ɪn ði ˈʌpər ist saɪd ʌv mænˈhætən/
她住在曼哈顿上东区
And it's the year 2000, the year when I was born.
/ænd ɪts ðə jɪr ˈtuː ˈθaʊzənd ðə jɪr wɛn aɪ wəz bɔrn/
那是2000年,我出生的那一年
And despite her advantages in life, she is struggling a lot.
/ænd dɪˈspaɪt hər ədˈvæntɪdʒɪz ɪn laɪf ʃi ɪz ˈstrʌɡlɪŋ ə lɑt/
尽管她在生活中拥有很多优势,但她仍然面临着很多困难
And she takes on this project to literally rest her whole year or this whole year.
/ænd ʃi teɪks ɑn ðɪs ˈprɑdʒɛkt tu ˈlɪtərəli rɛst hər hoʊl jɪr ɔr ðɪs hoʊl jɪr/
她接下这个项目实际上是为了让自己休息一整年,或者说这一整年
She believes that resting for a year is going to make her trauma and memories from the past disappear.
/ʃi bɪˈlivz ðæt ˈrɛstɪŋ fɔr ə jɪr ɪz ˈɡoʊɪŋ tu meɪk hɜr ˈtrɔmə ænd ˈmɛməriz frʌm ðə pæst ˌdɪsəˈpɪr/
她相信休息一年会让她过去的创伤和记忆消失
Like that she's going to kind of wake up as a new individual.
/laɪk ðæt ʃiz ˈɡoʊɪŋ tu kaɪnd ʌv weɪk ʌp æz ə nu ˌɪndəˈvɪdʒuəl/
就像这样,她会以一个新个体的身份醒来
So, this story is so weird, but so interesting. It's so different.
/soʊ ðɪs ˈstɔri ɪz soʊ wɪrd bʌt soʊ ˈɪntrəstɪŋ ɪts soʊ ˈdɪfərənt/
所以,这个故事很奇怪,但很有趣。这太不一样了