That brings us to number six.
/ðæt brɪŋz ʌs tu ˈnʌmbər sɪks/
这就是第六个。
If you spend your first 100K, you are never going to make your second.
/ɪf ju spɛnd jʊər fɜrst wʌn ˈhʌndrəd keɪ, ju ɑr ˈnɛvər ˈɡoʊɪŋ tu meɪk jʊər ˈsɛkənd/
如果你花掉了第一个10万美元,你就永远不会赚到第二个10万美元。
Cash is your weapon.
/kæʃ ɪz jʊər ˈwɛpən/
现金是你的武器。
It is not a reward.
/ɪt ɪz nɑt ə rɪˈwɔrd/
这不是奖励。
I learned this the hard way when I first dropped out of school and started making money.
/aɪ lɜrnd ðɪs ðə hɑrd weɪ wɛn aɪ fɜrst drɑpt aʊt əv skul ænd ˈstɑrtəd ˈmeɪkɪŋ ˈmʌni/
当我刚辍学并开始赚钱时,我经历了痛苦才学到了这一点。
I thought I was rich because I had $3,500 in my bank account and I went and spent 2,000 of it on a Louis Vuitton duffel bag, which was ridiculous.
/aɪ θɔt aɪ wʌz rɪtʃ bɪˈkɔz aɪ hæd θri ˈθaʊzənd, faɪv ˈhʌndrəd ˈdɑlərz ɪn maɪ bæŋk əˈkaʊnt ænd aɪ wɛnt ænd spɛnt tu ˈθaʊzənd əv ɪt ɑn ə ˈluɪ vɪˈtɑn ˈdʌfəl bæɡ, wɪtʃ wʌz rɪˈdɪkjələs/
我以为自己很富有,因为我的银行账户里有3,500美元,但我却花了其中的2,000美元买了一个路易威登行李袋,这太荒谬了。
I really thought at the time though that I was rich.
/aɪ ˈrɪli θɔt æt ðə taɪm ðoʊ ðæt aɪ wʌz rɪtʃ/
我当时确实以为自己很富有。
I was like, "Oh my gosh, I'm making so much money.
/aɪ wʌz laɪk, oʊ maɪ ɡɑʃ, aɪm ˈmeɪkɪŋ soʊ mʌtʃ ˈmʌni/
我当时想,“天哪,我赚了这么多钱。
Why do more people not buy Louis Vuitton bags?"
/waɪ du mɔr ˈpipəl nɑt baɪ ˈluɪ vɪˈtɑn bæɡz/
为什么没有更多人买路易威登包呢?”
Because it's so easy to buy them.
/bɪˈkɔz ɪts soʊ ˈizi tu baɪ ðɛm/
因为购买它们非常容易。
Having $1,500 in my bank account did not make sense to me that I was actually broke and poor.
/ˈhævɪŋ wʌn ˈθaʊzənd, faɪv ˈhʌndrəd ˈdɑlərz ɪn maɪ bæŋk əˈkaʊnt dɪd nɑt meɪk sɛns tu mi ðæt aɪ wʌz ˈæktʃuəli broʊk ænd pʊr/
我的银行账户里只有1,500美元,这对我来说毫无意义,因为我实际上身无分文,一贫如洗。
I thought I was like rich and just rolling in dough.
/aɪ θɔt aɪ wʌz laɪk rɪtʃ ænd dʒʌst ˈroʊlɪŋ ɪn doʊ/
我以为自己很富有,钱财丰厚。
But when the first moment came when there was an opportunity for me to invest money in a business, it was $15,000 for me to partake in this opportunity.
/bʌt wɛn ðə fɜrst ˈmoʊmənt keɪm wɛn ðɛər wʌz æn ˌɑpərˈtunɪti fɔr mi tu ɪnˈvɛst ˈmʌni ɪn ə ˈbɪznəs, ɪt wʌz ˈfɪfˌtin ˈθaʊzənd ˈdɑlərz fɔr mi tu pɑrˈteɪk ɪn ðɪs ˌɑpərˈtunɪti/
但是,当我第一次有机会投资一项业务时,我需要15,000美元参与其中。
And instead of having that $15,000, I didn't.
/ænd ɪnˈstɛd əv ˈhævɪŋ ðæt ˈfɪfˌtin ˈθaʊzənd ˈdɑlərz, aɪ ˈdɪdənt/
但我并没有那15,000美元。
I blew it on a Louis Vuitton duffel bag that made me look cool, but really made me look like an idiot because I wasn't able to take part in an opportunity that would create wealth for me versus having some stupid bag sitting on top of my Costco purchased carry-on.
/aɪ blu ɪt ɑn ə ˈluɪ vɪˈtɑn ˈdʌfəl bæɡ ðæt meɪd mi lʊk kul, bʌt ˈrɪli meɪd mi lʊk laɪk æn ˈɪdiət bɪˈkɔz aɪ ˈwʌzənt ˈeɪbəl tu teɪk pɑrt ɪn æn ˌɑpərˈtunɪti ðæt wʊd kriˈeɪt wɛlθ fɔr mi ˈvɜrsəs ˈhævɪŋ sʌm ˈstupɪd bæɡ ˈsɪtɪŋ ɑn tɑp əv maɪ ˈkɑstkoʊ ˈpɜrtʃəst ˈkæriˌɑn/
我把钱浪费在一个让我看起来很酷的路易威登行李袋上,实际上却让我像个白痴,因为我错失了能创造财富的机会,而不是让一个蠢包放在好市多买的登机箱上。